“Children live in a hurry-up world of busy parents, school pressures, incessant lessons, video games, and competitive sports. We usually don’t think of these influences as stressful for kids, but often they are. The bustling pace of our children’s lives can have a profound effect on their innate joy—and usually not for the better. Yoga can help counter these pressures. When children learn techniques for self-health, relaxation, and inner fulfillment, they can navigate life’s challenges with a little more ease. ”
Little Yogies is a new approach to children’s yoga. Classes are non traditional and designed for children of the modern world and its stresses.
Little Yogies classes make children smile from the inside out and teach kids how to relax while having fun. Classes include music, cooperation games, yoga poses and visual imagery.
Benefits of yoga for Children
- Increased listening skills
- Relax and sleep better
- Develop strong, flexible and healthy bodies
- Reduces tantrums and meltdowns
- Improves memory retention helping kids learn more easily
- Increased self expression
- Become more emotionally aware
- Cope with stress more effectively
- Learn to respect themselves and others